Lew Electric Fittings company is the industry leader in electrical floor box and counter top systems. Our products provide an easy-to-install solution for wood, concrete, tile floors as well as countertop, desktop, outdoor and many other applications. Lew Electric fittings, when purchased through authorized Lew distributor, are covered by a 1-Year Product Warranty.
Lew Electric Fittings Company puts substantial resources into developing and marketing Lew products and expects resellers to market those products based on their premium product qualities; consequently, Lew has adopted this MAP policy and will not support resellers that do not comply.
- Policy: Lew Electric Fittings company resellers shall not advertise Lew products at prices less than MAP. MAP is determined solely by Lew Electric Fittings Company. Rounding down to the nearest whole dollar is acceptable. Thus, if List Price equals $501, MAP equals $450.90, $450 is acceptable, and $449.99 or less is a violation. Any advertising containing a price lower than MAP is a violation of this policy. “Advertised price” includes any apparent or implied price-related terms, discounts, free add-ons, rebates, future discounts, etc.
- Scope: The MAP Policy applies to all forms of external advertising, including but not limited to mass media ads, flyers, broadcast email or fax, catalogues, displays at trade shows, and any publicly accessible price on the Internet or any other electronic network. Any price information relating to Lew products on an Internet website, accessible through hypertext link or by any other method that uses hypertext protocol (http), is considered advertising for purposes of this policy. Resellers are responsible for ensuring that their pricing is at or above MAP on internet search engines.
- Any Internet advertisements (i.e., all website pages above the “shopping cart” level) in which a Lew product appears must include a price, which must be no less than MAP.
- Communications sent in response to specific customer inquiries (emails, phone calls, facsimiles, etc.) are not advertising for the purposes of this policy.
- The price specified in the electronic “shopping cart” or at “checkout” is not advertising for the purposes of this policy.
- Resellers shall not sell or offer for sale any current Lew products via any Internet auction function.
- Language: Advertising that includes language or graphics stating or suggesting Lew products are available at prices less than MAP is a violation of this policy. For example:
- It violates the policy to show the price of a Lew product with a slash line through it in a manner that states or suggests that the advertised offer is less than MAP.
- It violates the policy to advertise “$X off” or “X% off” in a manner that states or suggests that the advertised offer is less than MAP unless products covered by this policy are specifically identified as excluded from the offer.
- It violates the policy to advertise any Lew product as a “free” or “gift” item.
- It violates the policy to advertise a bundle including any Lew product in a manner that suggests it is available at a price below MAP.
- It violates the policy to use language such as “Sale Price”, “New Low Price”, “Subtract X”, “Less”, or “Take Away” in a manner that states or suggests the advertised offer is less than MAP.
- It violates the policy to include language such as “Price Too Low to Print”.
- It violates the policy to use language such as “Click ‘Buy’ for Price”, “Click ‘Add to Cart’ for Price”, “Click for Price”, or “Click for Quote”.
- Language such as “We Offer the Best Prices”, “We Will Meet Competitors’ Prices”, or “Call for Price” is acceptable.
- In-Store Advertising: This policy does not apply to in-store advertising such as shelf-talkers, price tags, or window displays.
- Actual Sales Price: This policy applies only to advertised prices and does not relate to actual sale price of any item. Lew does not seek any wholesaler’s agreement on minimum selling prices and no representative or employee of Lew is authorized to accept any such agreement from a reseller.
- Closeouts: This policy does not apply to products that Lew has sold as “closeout” or “discontinued” merchandise.
- Mistakes: There are no exceptions to the policy. A reseller is completely responsible for its own advertising and Lew will not attempt to determine whether a violation is intentional or accidental.
- Enforcement: Lew will enforce this policy through its own staff, outside consultants, and agents. Lew will unilaterally make all determinations relating to a violation of the MAP policy at its sole satisfaction. There will be no warnings, threats, discussions, negotiations, or appeals.
- Penalties: Lew will apply appropriate penalties for each violation in its sole discretion. Penalties may include (without limitation) loss of preferential pricing, suspension of shipments on individual products, suspension of shipments of a broader class of products, suspension of all product shipments, termination, and/or the addition of the reseller’s business name(s) to a Do-Not-Ship List, which will then be circulated to all authorized Lew distributors in good standing.
- Do-Not-Ship List: If Lew adds a reseller to a Do-Not-Ship List, the updated list will be sent to all authorized Lew distributors in good standing. If an authorized Lew distributor sells a Lew product to an entity on the “Do-Not-Ship List”, it will constitute a violation of this policy and is grounds for immediate suspension of all product shipments.
- Misrepresentation: Any attempt to circumvent the MAP policy by selling online under an alias (for example, in a third-party marketplace such as Amazon) will constitute a violation of this policy and is grounds for immediate suspension of all product shipments.
- Effective Date: This policy is effective July 1, 2018 and is a continuation of a policy instituted on April 15, 2010.
Direct any questions about this policy to email@example.com